I changed the name of my blog today, to something that is very important to me. Yep, my name is Kate and I'm a magaholic.
I subscribe to eight magazines a month. I also buy Grazia religiously every month. I have a problem, here's why:
- I subscribe so they come in plastic and no one has touched them (also it's cheaper)
- If I buy a magazine in the shop, I take one from the middle of the pile
- I CANNOT skip ahead - if I see a headline that attracts me, I have to read the whole magazine in order to get to that story
- I take my own magazines to the hairdressers - then no one has touched them but me
- I once bought a second copy of a magazine when I spilled a drink on the first copy
- I once stabbed someone with a fork for touching an unread magazine
I also have to restrict myself to 8! I love Vanity Fair, Tatler, Elle, Vogue etc etc but I'd spend a fricking fortune if I bought all the ones I wanted!
And I can almost hear you saying... "How much does that lot cost?"
Well I've added it up. I've always avoided doing this.
I spend AT LEAST £350 a year on magazines. £350!!!!! Bloody hell!
Oh well, I have the last three years' worth of BBC Good Food, Practical Photography and Digital Camera nicely stored away. The rest... well, I need to donate them to a doctor's surgery so someone else can get some fun out of them.